Senator Ted Cruz (R-TX) reportedly quarantined after his trip to Cancun, but violated quarantine to perform desperate photo ops.
It should also be noted that Ted Cruz was IN MEXICO and should be quarantined in his home according to CDC guidelines. https://t.co/FOIUWobYTG
– Jessica Huseman (@JessicaHuseman) February 21, 2021
Here’s what the CDC says Cruz should do:
– Get a virus test 3-5 days after travel AND stay home and quarantined for 7 days after travel.
– Even if you test negative, stay home and quarantined for the entire 7 days.
– If your test is positive, isolate yourself to protect others from infection.
– If not tested, stay home and quarantined for 10 days after the trip.
–Avoid being with people who are at increased risk of serious illness for 14 days, whether or not they are tested.
It is not known if Cruz was tested when he got home from Mexico, but he is said to be in the Quartin. It doesn’t matter if Cruz was vaccinated. He’s ignoring public health guidelines because his ambitions in the White House are practically dead.
Ted Cruz is happy to put his constituents’ lives at risk for some photos that make it seem like he cares.
Cruz piled bad decisions on top of each other and showed that he doesn’t belong to the Senate, let alone the White House.
For more discussions on this story, join our Rachel Maddow and MSNBC groups.
Follow and like PoliticusUSA on Facebook
Mr. Easley is the Founder / Senior Editor, White House Press Pool, and a Congressional Correspondent for PoliticusUSA. Jason has a bachelor’s degree in political science. His thesis focused on public order with a specialization in social reform movements.
Awards and professional memberships
Member of the Society of Professional Journalists and the American Political Science Association