The first attempt to overthrow a democracy is seldom the last.
On the News Today: Claim by a Trump-appointed Inspector General that the gassing of peaceful protesters had nothing to do with a proposed Trump publicity stunt contradicts known facts. The investigation into the January 6 uprising continues despite attempts by Republicans to blockade. The Arizona “audit” is being questioned by real experts who say they can get a more accurate count without ever leaving their home.
Here are some of what you might have missed:
• Claims that Lafayette Square has not been opened to Trump do not stand up to even cursory scrutiny
• GOP stone walls aside, the January 6 riot investigations continue to provide new evidence
• A Capitol cop warns January 6th was “the tip of the iceberg” as Republicans oppose the threat
• GOP delays first Indo-US federal human resources director based on racial common sense theory
• Real election experts challenge incompetent “audit” team in Arizona: “Hang up or shut up”
From the community:
• … in the end he had Tylenol for the pain
• Did you see the great annular solar eclipse of 2021 this morning?